Effective Natural Solutions for a Pristine Smoke
Keeping your bong clean is not only essential for maintaining its longevity but also for ensuring a smooth and enjoyable smoking experience.
While there are various commercial cleaning products available, many cannabis enthusiasts prefer natural and homemade cleaners.
These alternatives not only effectively remove resin buildup and stubborn stains but also provide a safer and eco-friendly approach to bong maintenance.
In this article, we will explore a range of natural and homemade cleaners that you can easily make at home. These solutions will clean your bong in no time.
10 Natural and Homemade Bong Cleaning Solutions: A Step by Step Guide
Here are some effective natural and homemade solutions for a pristine bong. Elevate your smoking sessions to new heights!
1. Vinegar and Baking Soda Solution
One of the most popular natural cleaners for bong cleaning is a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. This powerful duo works wonders in removing resin buildup and eliminating odor.
- To create the solution, start by pouring equal parts of vinegar and warm water into a container or basin.
- Next, add a tablespoon of baking soda and stir until it dissolves.
- Submerge your bong in the solution and let it soak for about 30 minutes.
- Afterward, use a brush or pipe cleaner to scrub the interior and exterior surfaces.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any residue, and your bong will be sparkling clean.
2. Lemon Juice and Salt Scrub
Lemon juice, known for its acidic properties, can effectively break down resin and remove stubborn stains from your bong. Combine freshly squeezed lemon juice with coarse salt to create a potent scrub.
- Start by disassembling your bong and sprinkling salt into each component.
- Squeeze lemon juice onto the salted areas and use a brush or pipe cleaner to scrub away the resin. The combination of lemon juice’s acidity and the abrasive nature of salt will help loosen and remove the buildup.
- Rinse the components thoroughly with warm water, and you’ll be amazed by the rejuvenated appearance of your bong.
3. Isopropyl Alcohol and Coarse Salt Soak
Isopropyl alcohol is a staple for bong cleaning due to its strong solvent properties. When combined with coarse salt, it forms a powerful solution that dissolves resin and removes grime.
- To use this method, disassemble your bong and pour a generous amount of isopropyl alcohol into a container or plastic bag.
- Add a handful of coarse salt and mix it to dissolve. Place the bong components into the bag or submerge them in the solution and let them soak for at least 30 minutes or overnight for more stubborn buildup.
- After soaking, vigorously shake the components to dislodge the resin.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any remaining alcohol and salt residue. Your bong will be left squeaky clean and ready for use.
4. Hydrogen Peroxide Solution
Hydrogen peroxide is an excellent alternative for bong cleaning, especially for glass components. Its strong oxidizing properties help break down resin and remove stains.
- To utilize this method, disassemble your bong and fill a container with hydrogen peroxide.
- Submerge the components and let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- Once the resin has loosened, use a brush or pipe cleaner to scrub the surfaces gently.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any remaining residue and enjoy your freshly cleaned bong.
5. Citric Acid Solution
Citric acid, derived from citrus fruits, is a natural and effective cleaner for removing tough stains and resin buildup from your bong.
- Dissolve citric acid powder in warm water according to the package instructions to create a solution.
- Submerge your bong in the solution and let it soak for about 30 minutes. The citric acid will work to dissolve the resin, making it easier to remove.
- Use a brush or pipe cleaner to scrub away any remaining buildup.
- Rinse the components thoroughly with warm water, and you’ll be left with a clean and odor-free bong.
6. Dish Soap and Warm Water
Simple dish soap and warm water can be an effective cleaner for your bong. This method doesn’t work as well as some of the other methods, but it works well enough and doesn’t require much to work some magic. Dish soap is a powerful degreaser. Eco-friendly soaps don’t always work as well but they are environmentally friendlier.
- Disassemble the bong and rinse each component with warm water to remove loose debris.
- Then, fill a sink or basin with warm water and add a few drops of dish soap.
- Submerge the components and let them soak for about 30 minutes.
- After soaking, use a brush or pipe cleaner to scrub away any remaining residue.
- Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove any soap residue.
7. Rice and Dish Soap Shake
If you’re looking for a method that doesn’t require soaking, try the rice and dish soap shake.
- Start by disassembling the bong and rinsing each component with warm water.
- Fill the base of the bong with warm water, add a few drops of dish soap, and a handful of uncooked rice.
- Cover the openings of the bong with your hands and shake vigorously for a few minutes. The rice will act as an abrasive agent, scrubbing away resin buildup.
- Rinse the components thoroughly with warm water to remove any remaining residue.
8. Vinegar and Salt Scrub
Another variation using vinegar is to create a vinegar and salt scrub. You can also use baking soda along with this for an added cleaning boost. This is like method 1 but even better since the salt further breaks up resin and other grime.
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and coarse salt to form a paste.
- Apply the paste to a brush or pipe cleaner and scrub the interior and exterior surfaces of the bong. Focus on areas with heavy resin buildup.
- The vinegar will help break down the resin while the salt acts as a scrubbing agent.
- Finally, rinse the bong components thoroughly with warm water to remove any residue.
9. Citrus Peel Solution
Save your citrus peels (such as lemon, lime, or orange) and utilize them for cleaning your bong.
- Place the peels in a container or plastic bag and cover them with water.
- Let the peels soak for a couple of days. The natural oils from the peels will infuse into the water, creating a citrusy solution.
- Remove the peels and use this solution to soak your bong components for about an hour. The citrus oils will help break down the resin, making it easier to clean.
- Finally, rinse the components thoroughly with warm water afterward.
10. Denture Tablets
Denture cleaning tablets can also be used to clean your bong. We prefer some of the other methods over this but if you have denture tablets already, this works well enough. You can of course combine it with some of the other household options on this list.
- Fill a container with warm water and add a denture tablet according to the package instructions.
- Place the bong components in the container and let them soak for the recommended time. The effervescent action of the tablet will help break down resin and remove stains.
- After soaking, rinse the components thoroughly with warm water to remove any residue.
The Bottom Line
Maintaining a clean bong is crucial for a satisfying smoking experience. Natural and homemade cleaners provide effective alternatives to commercial products, ensuring a pristine and eco-friendly approach to bong cleaning.
Whether you opt for vinegar and baking soda, lemon juice and salt, isopropyl alcohol and coarse salt, hydrogen peroxide, or citric acid, these solutions will effectively remove resin buildup and stubborn stains.
Experiment with different methods to find the one that works best for your bong and personal preferences. Remember to rinse your bong thoroughly after cleaning to remove residual cleaning agents.
With these natural and homemade cleaners, you can enjoy clean, flavorful, and enjoyable smoke sessions every time. Enjoy your freshly cleaned bong and the smooth, flavorful smoke it provides!