Another March, another round of Strains Madness. This year, we’re taking it to Instagram and Twitter where 32 popular strains will go into head-to-head matchups to determine which strain will reign supreme in 2022.
So lock in your favorites and fill out your bracket:
How it works:
- Strains will be pitted against each other in matchups starting at 4:20 p.m. PST (full schedule listed below). All voting will happen on Weedmaps’ Instagram Story stream and on Twitter.
- To vote on matchups: starting at 4:20 p.m. PST on a matchup day, click into our stories and vote for your favorite strain in the matchup, and repeat until you’ve voted for every matchup in the round.
- To find out who advanced: check back here as we update this article with the winners.
- To find out who won: the winning strain will be posted on Weedmaps’ Instagram and Twitter and will be covered in a Weedmaps News recap.
This year’s contenders
Here’s the full lineup of strains going head-to-head and will be eligible for your vote in the coming days.
- 3/17: Round 1: Madness Begins — 16 matchups between 32 strains. Fans can vote on Instagram Stories and Twitter.
- 3/24: Round 2: Dank 16 — 8 matchups pitting the remaining 16 strains. Fans can vote on Instagram Stories and Twitter.
- 3/28: Round 3: Quarter Finals — 4 matchups pitting the remaining 8 strains. Fans can vote on Instagram Stories and Twitter.
- 4/1: Round 4: Fire Four — 2 matchups pitting the remaining 4 strains. Fans can vote on Instagram Stories and Twitter.
- 4/4: Round 5: Championship Monday — One strain for glory, the final matchup. Fans can vote on all Weedmaps social platforms.
- 4/8: The Champion’s Friday — Our champion is announced on Instagram, Twitter, and across our other platforms.
Check back here to find out which strains won each week.